Hey everyone! Apologies for not blogging regularly- too much happening in my life! But there’s always time for food. And I wanted to share some exciting piece of foodie news these beauties at Truffle PR (Jason Olive) shared with me!
On Tuesday 13th August at 8pm, Chelsea based restaurateurs Max & Federico Sali of Italian restaurant Tinello will be showcasing their menu at Frank’s Café, located on the tenth floor of a multi-storey car park in Peckham Rye.
Frank’s Café re-opened again for summer at the end of June and this year sees the venue showcasing some great talent every Tuesday, including that of Tinello. Much like Frank’s Café, which opened its roof back in 2010, Tinello has been serving food lovers and imbibers alike for several years and has firmly established itself as one of London’s great Italian restaurants.
As a destination venue, diners will enjoy not only the picturesque London skyline but also a four-course menu constructed by head chef Federico to include “Soppressata” rocket, shallots, capers and parsley salad, egg penne duck ragout, T bone steak roast pepper and lemon salad, Fresh peaches and almond granite among other Tuscan delights.
Likewise, the restaurant – renowned for its wine selection – will be offering imbibers Chianti Lamole and Vin Santo, wines that have been selected by sommelier Max Sali.
Federico Sali comments, “We are really excited about this event. For years, Frank’s Cafe has been known as a stunning destination for both the food and the views alike. We are so grateful for this collaboration and have our fingers crossed for a warm, dry day’, there is luckily a large retractable roof if not.
From up market Chelsea to a multi-story car park in Peckham, Tinello offers Italian food at its best and if the weather remains as forecasters predict for this one-off pop-up event, guests will feel as if they’ve been transported to a piazza under the Tuscan sun.
Tickets priced at £50 from www.eatpeckham.com. Early diners can also enjoy a talk and tour of the ‘Bold Tendencies’ project of international artists by curator Joe Balfour from 6.30pm. The commissioning saw over 60,000 visitors in 2010.
For further information & images, please contact
Ellie Bennett or Jason Olive
Telephone: 0207 1930808
- Frank’s is situated on the 10th floor of the multi-storey car park, 95A Rye Lane, SE15 4ST.
- The evening at Frank’s Café will start with service at 8pm, while the organisers are asking people to arrive at 7-7.45pm for drinks prior to dining.
- For early attendees, at 6.30-7pm there will be a talk and tour of the sculpture park ‘Bold Tendencies’, which site alongside the café, by curator Joe Balfour (www.boldtendencies.com).
- Tickets are £50 and include a four-course dinner and Aperol aperitif. Wine available on the evening at an additional cost.
- Tickets available from www.eatpeckham.com