Happy weekend you food fiends! 🤤
I’m going to go short and punchy with my reviews on this one! Frankly I’m more of a visual person when I’m reading reviews so more photos and less text, the better!
If you prefer more text/ explanation let me know – I’ll think about it 🤔
What time did I visit? Dinner 🍴
The enormously popular Hoppers (part of JKS restaurants – BAO, Trishna, XU etc) FINALLY opened the second and more spacious sister restaurant at the tourist trap that is St Christopher’s Place.
I checked them out on opening day and didn’t even have to queue! They literally sat us down in a few minutes. The irony 😆
Don’t panic! They DO take bookings (for 4 and above) so no more long as$ wait outside their premises.
– Hopper (DOH! 😆) egg or plain, I prefer the egg one. (Yes you can eat it with your hands too and the hopper is actually edible, not just the egg 🍳)
Eat it with their karis (ordered separately) and you’re good to go!
– Bonemarrow Varuvhaal:
People either hate or love bone marrow. I happen to love ❤️ it! So this dish is a must every single time.
– Mutton rolls : a Sri Lankan staple 👌🏼
– Fish Buriani: new at St Christophers place and I loved it. They still owe me the rest I couldn’t take away on the first day 🤔
What is this good for? I’d say for all occasions! 🙌🏼
What time did I visit? Brunch 🍳
What sets them apart? An eclectic Eastern Mediterranean menu- features turkey meat too! (Hence why the turkey in their logo 😁) previously a pop up and now a permanent restaurant. Great for sharing too!
This place has been on my list for a while but I get easily distracted by other places and so the list grows and grows! 📝
I finally visited Strut and Cluck. Their brunch reminded me a little of Berber and Q (another favourite of mine)
What did we order?
*hold my bag*
- Jaffa- Tel Aviv Style
- Fried egg on hand- pulled shawarma
- Aubergine, feta and sweet potato bake
What time did I visit? Brunch and dinner (separate occasions 🐷)
Anything else? They also have a sister restaurant Shawarma Bar on the ever popular Exmouth Market. I prefer Berber and Q. 👌🏼
Pro tip: turn your visit into a Games Night as they have the games night haven, Draughts London, next door!! 🙌🏼
What did we order and loved?
Brunch (note I went for brunch last year 👀 I know cardinal sin but still relevant so stfu and read up on some food wisdom):
- The full Israeli (recommended) pp cost (min. 2 people)
- Turkish eggs with poaches eggs
- Meats: ordered the Harissa hot wings, hand pulled lamb shawarma and Merguez sausages (can’t remember if they were beef or lamb but still 👌🏼)
What did we order?
- Meats: harissa hot wings and
- Mezze: Smoked aubergine, tahini, tomato, walnut and burnt lemon 🍋
What time did I visit? Dinner
Cuisine: Filipino cuisine
What did I book for? Their popular Kamayan (this has to be booked in advance as everyone eats the same food and comes spread out on a massive banana leaf)
Make sure you wash your hands! 🤔 (recommended to eat with your hands)
Definitely book this and go!! You won’t be disappointed 😃