…What a mouthful!! And so is this fantastic bowl of pasta.
I love, love, love how simple and delicious Italian food can be. Living with an Italian has also spurred me to cook more Italian food. I won’t lie, I’m in #carbheaven ??
I think I’ve finally finessed this recipe enough that I can share with you guys. Honestly, you’ll be amazed how simple and delicious it is.
I mean just look at it ? #loveatfirstsight
Before you get carried away, no I didn’t make my own pasta from scratch ??♀️ however I did get the next best thing: ordered fresh pappardelle from Natoora via Ocado. It is honestly delicious and certified by my Italian friend for authenticity ?
Anyway here are the ingredients you need for the recipe ???:
- Fresh pappardelle (make your own if you’re not lazy like me or order the Natoora one from Amazon or go to your nearest Waitrose/Italian grocers/ whole foods)
- Pack of Porcini mushrooms from your local grocers. I blitzed them in a chopper so it’s down to a fine consistency. Not too fine though as you do want texture in the sauce.
- Coarse black pepper, quantity as per taste. However I use a couple of pinches and then taste.
- Lacto-free cream or you can use single or double fat cream. Depends how indulgent you’re feeling ?
- Salt, as per taste
- Crushed garlic, as per taste
There’s no rocket science behind this to be honest. I don’t mean it in a patronising way, I was seriously shocked it turned out so good ? I had complicated Italian food in my head so much but actually it is always best with the most simple and fresh ingredients.
One thing to note: If the pappardelle is fresh then it will only take two minutes to cook so make sure you keep an eye.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick pan on a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and let them cook. Mushrooms will release water so let it evaporate.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper. Stir fry on low to medium heat so the ingredients don’t burn.
- Finally add the cream and stir. Let the sauce simmer on low heat and taste to make sure the seasoning is how you like it.
- Depending on how you timed it, the pappardelle would be cooked (al dente is best!) and ready to be added to the pan.
- Gently stir and mix so the creamy peppery sauce smothers the pappardelle in all the right places ?
- Finally plate it up, stuff your face and go into a self induced food coma ??
So there you have it folks, six easy steps to make super easy six ingredient pasta. It’s so quick to make and perfect for meat-free Monday’s. Perfect dish to serve up if you’re a vegetarian or cooking for someone who is !
Let me know if you tried this recipe. Did you customise it? Would love to get feedback on it and how it turned out for you ? Enjoy! X
P.S: there are sooooo many food places I want to talk about… watch this space! ⏳