Happy Monday you food fiends! 🤤
I’m going to go short and punchy with my reviews on this one! Frankly I’m more of a visual person when I’m reading reviews so more photos and less text, the better!
If you prefer more text/ explanation let me know – I’ll think about it 🤔
I started writing this blog post a year ago but I still want to share the place I’m talking about. I’ve been there countless times since, and will still recommend you visit them 😊
What time did I visit? Dinner 🍴 (this was when their St. Christopher’s branch opened) I’ve been here countless times since and it’s a favourite staple of mine 👍
The enormously popular Hoppers (part of JKS restaurants – BAO, Trishna, XU etc) FINALLY opened the second and more spacious sister restaurant at the tourist trap that is St Christopher’s Place. They’ve just unveiled their newest brand in Kings Cross as well.
They DO take bookings (for 4 and above) but if you go to their Soho branch, you may have to put your name down and go grab a drink.
– Hopper (DOH! 😆) egg or plain, I prefer the egg one. (Yes you can eat it with your hands too and the hopper is actually edible, not just the egg 🍳)
Eat it with their karis (ordered separately) and you’re good to go!
– Bonemarrow Varuvhaal:
People either hate or love bone marrow. I happen to love ❤️ it! So this dish is a must every single time.
– Mutton rolls : a Sri Lankan staple 👌🏼
– Fish Buriani: new at St Christophers place and I loved it. They still owe me the rest I couldn’t take away on the first day 🤔
What is this good for? I’d say for all occasions! 🙌🏼
What time did I visit? Brunch 🍳
What sets them apart? An eclectic Eastern Mediterranean menu- previously a pop up and now a permanent restaurant neat Spitalfields (hence Delamina East) and Marylebone. Great venue for sharing style food.
What did we order?
*hold my bag*
- Jaffa- Tel Aviv Style
- Fried egg on hand- pulled shawarma
- Aubergine, feta and sweet potato bake
What time did I visit? Brunch and dinner (separate occasions 🐷)
Anything else? They also have a sister restaurant Shawarma Bar on the ever popular Exmouth Market. I prefer Berber and Q. 👌🏼
Pro tip: turn your visit into a Games Night as they have the games night haven, Draughts London, next door!! 🙌🏼
What did we order and loved?
Brunch (note I went for brunch last year 👀 I know cardinal sin but still relevant so stfu and read up on some food wisdom):
- The full Israeli (recommended) pp cost (min. 2 people)
- Turkish eggs with poaches eggs
- Meats: ordered the Harissa hot wings, hand pulled lamb shawarma and Merguez sausages (can’t remember if they were beef or lamb but still 👌🏼)
What did we order?
- Meats: harissa hot wings and
- Mezze: Smoked aubergine, tahini, tomato, walnut and burnt lemon 🍋
What time did I visit? Dinner
Cuisine: Filipino cuisine
What did I book for? Their popular Kamayan (this has to be booked in advance as everyone eats the same food and comes spread out on a massive banana leaf)
Make sure you wash your hands! 🤔 (recommended to eat with your hands)
Definitely book this and go!! You won’t be disappointed 😃