I hope you’re all keeping well and healthy. Sending lots of well wishes your way. We’re all trying to cope with it the best we can. Let’s follow the government advice and do as much as we can, while the brave front line soldiers fight to keep us safe.
I know a lot of us have been struggling to find places to do our groceries. Online delivery from key suppliers like Ocado, Farmdrop etc are hard to get into unless you have the patience to join an online queue and/or if you’re able to physically go into supermarkets. If you’re in full isolation mode and/or unable to get into stores due to health or whatever reason, here’s a list of home delivery options available to you:
- Industry suppliers are opening their supplies to everyone, especially with supermarkets shelves going empty (mainly because of inconsiderate and selfish people)
- Support your local delis, cafes and restaurants- ask them if they’re now doing deliveries and/or how they’re coping to see if you can help
- Some of the notable alternatives to Ocado, FarmDrop and local supermarkets are below. Please call the service provider if you’re out of London as some are also offering UK wide delivery:
- (you have to download the app and wait for your account to be approved)
- Nature’s Choice London (London postcodes only)
- Entremettier Ltd (call and email them)
- Food Chain APP (London only, download the app and order home deliveries)
- And for discounted wines (because who doesn’t like discounted wine?!):
- Oui Chef Box
- I ordered from Oui Chef and I can’t recommend them enough. Super fast and safe no-contact next day delivery.
- Knock Knock by Smith and Brock
- Detox Kitchen Veg and Essentials Box
- Social Pantry has a myriad of supplies
- New Covent Garden Market website has a full list of suppliers who are doing home deliveries
- Ripe London
- Quality Chop House are doing some amazing pre-made food deliveries. Their confit potatoes are gobsmacking good!!
- P.S: Please do check your chosen service delivers in your area
- A lot of food businesses are now offering discounts to the bloody brilliant people at NHS 🙏🏼💕 Some notable names I’ve come across are Black Sheep Coffee, LEON, McDonald’s, Pret, Grind Coffee…I’m sure there are more businesses joining in.
- Online food blogs and publications are now dedicating their time in bringing you the latest and regularly updated information.
- Hot Dinners are regularly updating their website with the local businesses you can support and how restaurants are responding in relation to COVID-19 by offering alternative services to their consumers.
Watch this space and keep yourself updated on how this situation is progressing- it’s changing on the hour and goes to show how dedicated and resilient this industry is. THERE.IS.NO.GIVING.UP.HERE!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 I’m keeping our Instagram Stories up-to-date and trying to share the information on our social channels.